- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray down muffin pan with a non stick spray. Fill cups with paper inserts if desired.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder and baking soda together in a medium bowl. Then in a separate bowl mix oil, eggs, vanilla and honey together. Next, using an electric mixer or kitchen aid, beat butter, ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 ½ teaspoons salt in a large bowl until creamy.
- With the mixer running on a medium speed, gradually add egg to the mixture and then beat to blend. Beat in flour mixture just to blend. Then add the ricotta and yogurt, beating on low until blended. Gently fold in blueberries into the mixture.
- Fill muffin pan cups about ¾ of the way to the top and once all have been filled, sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar on top of the muffins.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until the center comes out clean.
*Adapted from Bonappetit.com